388 George Street is an A-Grade commercial office building initially built-in 1976. Multiplex completed an entire strip out followed by the installation of new services, lifts, finishes and modifications to the five four-level atrium that intersects the building. Multiplex will also deliver a new five-level luxury retail podium building.
On Time Insulation was chosen by a top Australian HVAC provider as their insulation subcontractor of choice to partner with on this high profile project. The partnership was cemented from a history of trust and capability, having successfully delivered many Tier 1 and 2 projects together over the years.
Our contract involved all HVAC insulation components of base build works in existing tower and basement levels, and all HVAC insulation components of the newly constructed podium building.
Site: 388 George Street
Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Services: Duct Insulation, Pipe Insulation, Acoustic Insulation, Passive Fire, Sheet Metal
Date: 2019 / 2020
Tags: HVAC, Duct, Pipe, Acoustic, Passive Fire, Sheet Metal, Insulation, Installation
On Time Insulation’s completed works included:
- Over 12,000m² of external duct insulation,
- Chilled water and heating hot water pipe insulation and aluminium cladding spanning L28 to B2, 3 plant rooms, 3 chillers, 10 large AHUs, 3 boilers, on floor FCUs and heating coils
- Acoustic wrapping to all on floor FCUs and outside air fans
- Fire treatment of pipe penetrations through fire-rated walls
- Fire treatment of air ducts in fire stairs, shafts, and exterior to the building
- Fabrication of custom-made sheet metal heating convector covers to be ‘on show’ on floor
As the building was constructed in 1976, there is a risk that asbestos may be still be found in refurbishments such as these even today. As such, all On Time Insulation staff receive asbestos awareness training before commencing on at-risk projects such as this.
All floors were handed over in a timely fashion to Multiplex. Another successful Tier 1 project built on trust between the business’ aligned with common goals.